Sept 14: Finding and Adopting Open Educational ResourcesSeptember 7, 2016
Finding & Adopting Open Educational Resources
Faculty who are new to OER may experience difficulty finding an open textbook or other openly licensed materials to adopt for their courses. Searching on your own is time consuming and the choices can be overwhelming. We will hear from a college librarian who helps faculty find and adopt high quality OER to match their course outcomes and the creators of the award winning OER Commons, a freely accessible online library that allows teachers and others to search and discover open educational resources (OER) and other freely available instructional materials.
Please join the Community College Consortium for Open Educational Resources (CCCOER) for our first fall webinar:
When: Sept 14, 10amPST/1pmEST
- Heather Blicher, Online Learning Librarian, Extended Learning Institute, Northern Virginia Community College
- Mindy Boland, OER Product and Services Manager, ISKME.org, the creators of OER Commons
Participant Login Information:
No pre-registration is necessary. Please use the link below on the day of the webinar to login and listen.
If you need dial-in access, you may use the following number: 1-888-886-3951 (passcode: 182085)
- FOR TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE:
- CCC Confer Client Services – Monday – Friday between 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Telephone: 760-744-1150 ext 1537, 1554 or 1542
- Email: email@example.com
Posted by Una T. Daly, Director of Community College Consortium for Open Educational Resources, email: firstname.lastname@example.org